Why Sell For Cash?
We’ve worked with hundreds of sellers over the years and they all had their own reasons for selling their homes for cash. Some were involved in divorce or probate proceedings. Others were downsizing, selling a rental or vacation property, moving out of a home in disrepair, or lived far away and inherited a home they didn’t want to own.
Whatever their reasons for selling, we were there to help. At Columbia Redevelopment, we provide sound solutions for every real estate transaction.
10 Great Reasons to Sell Your Home for Cash to Columbia Redevelopment
1. We will make a cash offer within 24 hours of visiting your home.
2. To confirm our commitment, we will deposit $10,000 earnest money into your account, releasing the funds once we have reviewed and approved a preliminary title report.
3. The transaction can close in as little as 2-3 days, not weeks.
4. The entire selling process is fast, professional, and hassle-free.
5. We will provide all the forms and paperwork you need.
6. There are no real estate agent fees or commissions.
7. You are working with a local, trusted, experienced family business.
8. There are never any contingencies or inspections. We buy homes as is.
9. Need a flexible timeline or purchase terms? No problem. We work to fit your needs and your schedule.
10. Local closings through Fidelity National Title Co. of Oregon.
The Downsides of Working with a Real Estate Agent
Traditional property sales involve real estate agents and numerous costs, complications and misconceptions.
There Are No Guarantees
It’s not uncommon for homes to sit on the market for 2,3 or even 6 months without an acceptable offer.
During this time, you’ll keep paying:
• Property taxes
Agents Don’t Buy the Property
They simply want to put a sign in the yard and market the home with the hopes of finding a buyer. In return, they will expect to be paid 6-7% of YOUR sales price in commissions.
If and when the inspection period is completed and any repairs are negotiated, the sale of your property will still be contingent on the buyer obtaining financing, which can take another 30 days or even longer.
Any number of issues can halt the sales process and put you right back where you started in the traditional sales process: waiting for a buyer.
You Pay For This Privilege
After 30-60 days, if the sales process is complete, you will finally receive your proceeds from the sale. However, you can expect to pay 6-7% in sales commissions, 2% in title and escrow fees and potentially thousands in costly repairs.
Transactions Take Time
Once you accept a buyer’s offer, the transaction will still take 30+ days to close and the prospective buyer will request at least 2 weeks to conduct numerous inspections of the property. If repairs are needed or the home is in disrepair, the buyer will request that you correct these issues at your expense.
Many traditional sales fall apart because the buyer and seller cannot agree on the amount of repairs to be completed prior to closing. When you sell to Columbia Redevelopment, there are never any repairs requested. We will buy your home as-is.
See The Difference
|Traditional Transactions||Selling Your Home for Cash|
|Earnest Money Deposit from Buyer||$500 – $5,000||$10,000|
|Inspections & Repairs||Can take weeks to negotiate the buyer’s requested repairs||None needed. We buy as is.|
|Total Time to Sell (Average)||Can take up to 30 days for buyers to secure financing||It’s up to you!|
|Required Showings||Too many!||Just 1 – You don’t need to tidy up beforehand|
|Closing Time||Negotiated by buyer||You pick! We’re flexible|
|Financing||Can take up to 30 days for buyers to secure financing||None. We pay cash.|
There is a better alternative
Sell your house fast and without the hassles and costs of a traditional sale.
Instead, sell your home to Columbia Redevelopment.